Curve balls. They are important. Curve balls keep is engaged in life and help us grow in new and exciting ways without letting us know how we’re going to grow. Which is why when McKenna over at IHARTEKENNY (stylized, of course) nominated me for a Liebster Award, I was thrown a bit for a loop.
Long story long: A Libester Award for Blogging is an award-type thing that fellow bloggers give to new noteworthy bloggers with <200 followers. Well shucks, thanks guys!
As a nomin-inner, I have to fulfill my end of the bargain:
- List 11 random facts about mysef
- Answer 11 questions about that my nominator(s) asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and like to em
- Notify the bloggers to tell them JUST how awesome they are and let them know :O)
- And ask them 11 questions in return
The beauty of any curve ball is that they can be hit, so here’s my swing: at the very least, you get to learn a little more about who I am!
- I LOVE planes–like…LOVE them. Anything with wings will catch my eyes.
- I moved from California to North Carolina when I was young, and fell in love with the Old North State
- I have my own gumball machine business that I started in my dorm room my freshman year of college
- What Color represents you and why?
- Blue (also my favorite color)! It’s the most versatile color out there–which means that it’s pretty much appropriate for any situation. It’s something I’ve always tried to do for myself: keep my self versatile and fluid.
- If you won $7.8, what are the first three things you would buy and why?
- Real Estate investment education: Since I want to invest in it, it makes sense to learn how to properly handle it, no?
- Real Estate: after the education can come the actual property acquisitions!
- A micropig wearing a tiny raincoat and booties: just cause it’s a funny concept.
- Living or dead, who you would you invite to a dinner party
- Amelia Earhart, Confucius, Andrew Carnegie, the guy who discovered fire, and Adam Savage would make for some great company and interesting conversation, I think.
- I can speak English and Spanish and French, and am picking up Portuguese
- When I was younger, I made the mistake of running down a large hill/mountain thing. I rolled.
- I can identify almost any airliner (and many airlines) as they take off or fly above a city
- If you could choose any other career what would it be?
- Apart from being a student, you mean…? It would be awesome to be an international airline captain!
- Why’d you start blogging?
- I used to participate in the National Forensics League in high school in the event Original Oratory. Blogging is a way to mix up the platform yet do a similar thing: express ideas.
- What are your goals for your blog?
- Total world domination. Moving on…
- Nah, just kidding. I would love to make a difference in someone’s life, it doesn’t matter how small it is.
- For an Engineering student, math is not my strong suit–it takes me longer to understand math than I’d like
- I had my first BLT about a year ago.Yeah.
- My favorite band has to be a tie between San Cisco and Arctic Monkeys
- What is your anthem song
- “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Gerry and the Pacemakers.
- What is one thing on your bucket list and why?
- To get my private pilot’s licence: if you’ve flown, then you know why. The air is free, unrestricted, and beautiful
- Where would you vacation if money was no issue?
- Was no issue at all? Well, I hear there’s this lovely rocky planet two planets away from the start Sol. The natives call it: “Earth”…?
Facts 10 & 11
- I’m learning to ride a unicycle. It’s not easy
- I have a Windows Phone (it’s a cool phone, ok?)
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Apart from spending time with my best friend and girlfriend (shout out to ya, CW!)? Tsk, that’s a tough one…linguistics?
- Three words that describe you?
- Realist optimist goof
- Football Matters
- State Sports Beat
- La Vida Mexico
- Jocelen Janon
- Food is Everything
- Rory Alexander in South Africa
- Pickled Wings
- Cessna Chick
- If you could be any letter of the alphabet, which would you be and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What was the most interesting class you ever took, ever?
- What is your favorite state? (you decide what state means)?
- Is barbecue a noun or a verb to you?
- If you could invite any people, of any state of life, to a dinner party–who would they be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s the most exciting place you’ve ever traveled to?
- What makes you weird?
- You’re on a pirate ship about to walk the plank! What happens next?
- What would you never do and why?